Monday, September 18, 2006

Damn Electronics !!!!

I bought an Ipod last month ... as shown here .... it was the 5G 30 GB model, as I said, it holds lots of music, the sound quality was fabulous. I paired it with a Koss Sparklug earphone. I also bought the dock and the remote and connect it to my stereo in our room.

Everyting was perfect ....

Until ...

And last week Charles update me with the HORROR ..... APPLE RELEASE THE ENHANCED 5th generation Ipod. Those bastards ! Why couldn't they wait for another month or six ? Why couldn't they let me feel good as I have one of the coolest, dandiest and hip music accessories around ... Why .. why .. why .. And to make it worse, the 80GB model was just about the same price of my 30 GB one ...

This is the problem with consumer electronics, a hip things will quickly become commodity. Apple Ipod itself revolutionalize the MP3 player world. And then now we're flooded with a flock of MP3 players. Price becomes cheaper and cheaper, but feature wise, a 249 USD ipod have lots more features than a 500 USD ipod 2 years ago. Commodity goods, every one was doing it, so in a while it will come to price wars. Features become irrelevant, because everyone was stuffing every feature imaginable to their products.

Soooo ... I need to turn my attention to .... ACCESSORIES, no use fretting about the commodity market huh... As I said in the previous blog, that Harman Kardon Drive and Play sure looks fabulous....

Commodity stuff ... HUH !!! Electronics ... HUH !!!


Well I haven't started to fret about Canon releasing a 10 MP beginner DSLR over my "semi pro" 8 MP 30D....

Again ... commodity ... HUH !!!

That EF 24-105 L IS USM sure looks good :D

No comments: