Friday, April 11, 2008

Integrating My Life as a Manager - Teaching a new trick to an old dog

I have learned that actually I like to be considered as a nice guy. It's nice to feel that I've helped someone and I have add value to one's life.

As I went into management role, sometimes I have to make hard decision, I end up hurting someone, or sometimes I just can't do a thing. And then I think I am not so nice anymore.

Anyway a sorely needed analysis from my side shows ... Hmmm to add value, doesn't mean that someone have to like me. Or to rephrase... it doesn't mean that someone have to feel that I have helped him.

Add value means reproving, add value means helping, add value means coaching, add value means a lot of thing...

And add value didn't have to mean ... I make them feel good ...


Still so hard to do ... thus i thought .... am I becoming co dependent ?


I hope not ... need to teach this dog a new trick ... on how to add value based on what I believe and doing it in a mindful, compassionate way.


No comments: